Carbureted Carotene Octopus (Tube-Head Cephalopod)SOLD
Found objects (camera parts, watch parts, electronics, transformer wire), urethane resin, stain, birch plywood, stainless & painted steel hardware.
• Includes insured priority domestic shipping, international shipping extra
• Limited Edition Brackets: #146, #147, #148, #149 / 214
• Framed: 13.75 x 13 x 3 in (34.93 x 33.02 x 7.62 cm)
• Fossil: ~7 in sq (17.78 cm sq)
• Silver Metal Frame
• CA residents pay Sales Tax based on zip code
This powerhouse of the seas had its own complex hydrocarbon fission engine providing more energy than it could ever consume. Due to its radioactivity, this octopus had few predators besides warm water which could cause it to overheat. It spent its time migrating the oceans following the cold wherever it led.
• Face: polished.
• Sides, top & bottom: lightly polished.
• Back: polished mold surface (the backs may have slight irregularities due to the mold).
• Hand-signed aluminum bade on lower-left side.
• Stainless and steel metal brackets designed by Lex, outsourced for laser cutting.
• Mounting instructions are included.
• I note noticeable blemishes above. There may be slight surface imperfections on these casts along with some slight curved edges that are hidden in the bases.
• The cast insect is susceptible to fingerprints and may have slight surface imperfections.
• Do not clean the signature plate on the side.
• The cast piece can be cleaned with a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol or glass cleaner and a soft cloth.
• Comes with certificate of authenticity.
All images, concepts, artwork and content ©2020 Lex Talkington. All Rights Reserved.