Helium Weevil, 2020
Found objects (camera parts, electronics, transformer wire), urethane resin, HDPE, etched brass, copper, brass hardware.
Size: 6.7 x 2.2 x 2 (17.02 x 5.59 x 5.08 cm) HxWxD
Shipping: Domestic included, international shipping extra.
CA residents pay Sales Tax based on zip code
The Helium Weevil had a knack for boring deep into soft mud and extracting helium from natural gases. Various environmental sensors made up for this creature's poor vision.
• Polished face and sides with frosted bottom and back.
• Hand-painted / etched cellular design on the base brass. I enjoy this idea of melding a machine-like medium with something completely opposite and organic.
• The etched plate is lacquered, the other copper and brass hardware will patina.
• The cast insect is susceptible to fingerprints and may have slight surface imperfections. The cast piece can be cleaned with a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth.
• Comes with certificate of authenticity.
All images, concepts, artwork and content ©2020 Lex Talkington. All Rights Reserved.