Mayfly Development, 2020$510.00
Found objects (camera parts, watch parts, electronics), urethane resin, lacquered aluminum, brass hardware.
Size: 8.13 x 4.25 x 2.2 (20.65 x 10.80 x 5.89 cm) HxWxD
Domestic shipping included, international shipping extra.
CA residents pay Sales Tax based on zip code
This exploration follows the three larger 'Culture' pieces I recently created hinting at the idea specimen is being grown or cultured in some type of clear medium. This is the most complete specimen of the three pieces in this mini series. If you look closely, there are extending wires along the sides leaving this partly undeveloped or unfinished.
• Polished face with frosted back and sides.
• This does have a few surface bubbles on the left edge and a couple right over the orange head — these can be seen the images below. The piece is too thin to sand / polish these out.
• This piece is fairly thin and does have some curvature due to the curing process.
• This piece may ship apart from the aluminum block. There are recesses in the cast to align the two thumbscrews.
• The cast insect is susceptible to fingerprints and may have slight surface imperfections. The cast piece can be cleaned with a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth.
• Comes with certificate of authenticity.
All images, concepts, artwork and content ©2020 Lex Talkington. All Rights Reserved.