UI Bug, 2020$880.00
Camera parts, electronics, transformer wire, Olivetti adding machine bezel, springs, acrylic, masonite, brass, hardware.
Size: 14.75 x 4.06 x 2.5 in (37.47 x 10.31 x 6.35 cm) HxWxD
Domestic shipping included, international shipping extra.
CA residents pay Sales Tax based on zip code
Much of my career has been developing user interface software; there is a trite saying in that industry: "As a user interface developer, I spend my time fixing bugs." I couldn't resist playing off this trite idea that I know has been done before in various forms.
• This is one of my newest explorations into non-cast creatures.
• This piece is assembled using various techniques including epoxy, wire, solder, fiberglass and hardware.
• I fabricated the masonite, brass, and acrylic.
• The silver bezel (part of the user interface) is from a vintage Olivetti adding machine. Olivetti is known for their sophisticated, modern industrial design which maybe reflected in the overall style of this piece.
• The insect is removable in the event it ever needs repaired.
• This ships in several pieces, some simple assembly required.
• Please dust only with a soft cloth or canned spray-air to avoid snagging some of the delicate parts.
• Comes with certificate of authenticity.
• Instagram Video 1
All images, concepts, artwork and content ©2020 Lex Talkington. All Rights Reserved.