Armored Tiger Prawn, 2020
Found objects, hand-drilled acrylic, laser-cut masonite, epoxy resin/sculpt, fiberglass, paint, various hardware
Dome: 6 in (15.24 cm)
Frame: 15.6 in (39.62 cm) round
Priority domestic shipping, international shipping extra
CA residents pay sales tax based on zip code
This Armored Tiger Prawn utilized a heavy, metal, exoskeleton to protect itself from predators along with a highly adapted tail gear. The weight of the armor appliance prevented the specimen from escaping quickly but it could use the tail gear to dig and embed itself into the sand as a last resort.
• This is one of my newest explorations into non-cast creatures.
• The creature will be shipped with antenna supports/padding; you will need to remove the padding and reassemble the dome unit and frame back. I will provide instructions and help.
• The white circular textured background behind the creature was made on my drillpress.
• The prawn dome module can be removed from the round frame.
• I designed the mechanical/organic frame in Adobe Illustrator, laser-cut the parts and have glued and pinned all layers together.
• The white dots on the frame are the pin-holes used to align the layers. I enjoyed that small detail when it was complete and choose not to color-match those spots to the frame.
• The outer edges of the frame are hand-painted white to complement the white mat and background around the creature.
• The prawn is adhered with various adhesives, fiberglass fabric, and epoxy sculpting clay.
• There are slight imperfections in round frames — enough to know they were all assembled, painted, and finished by hand.
• Comes with certificate of authenticity.
All images, concepts, artwork and content ©2020 Lex Talkington. All Rights Reserved.