Redblueeye Beetle, 2020SOLD -->
Found objects (camera parts, electronics, transformer wire), urethane resin, etched brass, brass hardware.
Size: 5.25 x 3 x 1.9 (13.34 x 7.62 x 4.83 cm) HxWxD
Shipping: Domestic included, international shipping extra.
CA residents pay Sales Tax based on zip code
The Redblueeye Beetle is a bit of a conundrum. It appears the antenna were not functional beyond being used as lifting appendages. This is the only specimen of its type and the creature was found in a a lake bed, but it doesn't appear it lived in water. (This specimen started as a stag beetle and wasn't working, it then transformed into this unique creature.)
• Polished face and sides, frosted bottom and back.
• This isn't really intended to be rotatable — the screws holding in place are tightened and held in place with thread lock.
• Note that the screws are slightly offset on the right and left side.
• The brass stand is fairly 'raw' showing signs of its construction and soldering.
• Slightly faint, hand-painted / etched cellular design on the brushed brass base. The brass base is lightly copper-plated.
• All brass pieces will patin — I've forced a little patina on these to that it is obvious.
• You could clean the brass with brass cleaner, but be sure to keep that off of the cast insect.
• The cast insect is susceptible to fingerprints and may have slight surface imperfections. The cast piece can be cleaned with a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth.
• Comes with certificate of authenticity.
All images, concepts, artwork and content ©2020 Lex Talkington. All Rights Reserved.