Found objects (electronics, camera parts, machine parts) ArtResin resin, plywood, wires, LED, HDPE, stainless/aluminum hardware
Batteries not included (requires three LR41 button batteries)
Framed: 13 x 12 x 3 in (33 x 30.5 x 7.6 cm)
Fossil: ~6.5 in sq (16.5 cm sq)
Silver Metal Frame
CA residents pay Sales Tax based on zip code
Domestic shipping included, international shipping extra.
This Tube-Head Cephalopod is accessorized with two arms that appear to be examining the core workings of its head. The top arm has a small button switch to activate a small red LED (I refer to it as a laser). The arm on the left side is outfitted with a hook — this hook is a small latch for some type of mechanical loom I believe.
• Requires three LR41 button batteries.
• The arms are not meat to be articulated.
• Long video showing battery installation is below.
• The brass hardware is expected to patina.
• The cast piece can be cleaned with a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth.
• Is this perfectly machine-crafted? No - slight imperfections will allow you to recognize this is all handmade and one-of-a-kind.
• The brass hardware is expected to patina — you can use museum wax (or similar) on the metal parts if you'd like — just keep the wax off of the cast octopus.
• Comes with certificate of authenticity.
All images, concepts, artwork and content ©2020 Lex Talkington. All Rights Reserved.