Mint Sixpin Beetle (1), 2020
Found objects (watch parts, electronics, camera parts, transformer wire, transformer wire), urethane resin, delrin, acrylic, nylon & brass hardware.
Size: 5 x 3.4 x 2.25 in (12.7 x 8.63 x 5.72 cm) HxWxD
Shipping: Domestic included, international shipping extra.
CA residents pay Sales Tax based on zip code
The ubiquitous Sixpin beetles were scavengers that helped to breakdown depleted creatures and flora throughout the forest floor. The variety of colors within this species evolved as environment-specific camoflauge.
• This specimen form was derived from Blister Beetles (family Meloidae). I rarely make multiples of the same design, but I enjoy this form so much, I did create a few of these for this release. Each one has its own unique characteristics; amely each one has a small individual watch hand running the length of the body.'
• The creature is polished on the face with frosted back and sides.
• The brass hardware is expected to patina.
• The cast insect is susceptible to fingerprints and may have slight surface imperfections. The cast piece can be cleaned with a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth.
• Is this perfectly machine-crafted? No - slight imperfections will allow you to recognize this is all handmade and one-of-a-kind.
• Comes with certificate of authenticity.
All images, concepts, artwork and content ©2020 Lex Talkington. All Rights Reserved.