Rugged Clown Beetle, 2020SOLD
Found objects (camera parts, electronics, transformer wire), urethane resin, HDPE, etched brass, copper, brass hardware.
Size: 7.25 x 2.8 x 1.85 (18.42 x 7.11 x 4.70 cm) HxWxD
Shipping: Domestic included, international shipping extra.
CA residents pay Sales Tax based on zip code
The Rugged Clown Beetle was a rock dweller and builder. It would use its powerful legs to roll rocks around building walls and reinforcements around its dwellings.
• Polished face and sides with frosted bottom and back.
• Hand-painted / etched cellular design on the base brass. I enjoy this idea of melding a machine-like medium with something completely opposite and organic. There is a slight copper-plating in areas on this plate.
• The etched plate is lacquered, the other copper and brass hardware will patina.
• The cast insect is susceptible to fingerprints and may have slight surface imperfections. The cast piece can be cleaned with a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth.
• Comes with certificate of authenticity.
All images, concepts, artwork and content ©2020 Lex Talkington. All Rights Reserved.