Death's-head Charging Moth, 2020SOLD
LED Illuminated. Found objects (watch parts, electronics, camera parts, transformer wire), urethane resin, wood, acrylic, delrin, LEDs, battery holder, steel, copper & brass hardware.
Batteries not included (3x AA).
Size: 7.5 x 5 x 3.13 in (19.05 x 12.7 x 7.95 cm) HxWxD
Shipping: Domestic included, international shipping extra.
CA residents pay Sales Tax based on zip code
This subtle skull-like marking on this Death's-head Charging Moth served as a charging port. Laying back-to-back, other members of this species could share their charge to those in need. This sharing helped the species survive times when flora was in short supply.
• The creature is polished on the face with frosted back and sides to diffuse the light.
• Requires 3 AA batteries, see images below for battery installation advice.
• The on/off switch is integrated into the aftermarket battery holder on the back.
• There are 3 total LEDs — 2 white LEDs on the bottom, one yellow, pulsing LED on the top.
• The LEDs are only visible in very low light (this is not a lamp.)
• This is not a toy and should be considered fragile.
• Please do not leave unattended when lit.
• There are a few small bubbles in this piece — you should be able to spot some around the thorax in the images.
• The cast insect is susceptible to fingerprints and may have slight surface imperfections. The cast piece can be cleaned with a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth.
• Is this perfectly machine-crafted? No - slight imperfections will allow you to recognize this is all handmade and one-of-a-kind.
• Comes with certificate of authenticity.
All images, concepts, artwork and content ©2020 Lex Talkington. All Rights Reserved.