Giant Lapis Stag Beetle, 2020SOLD -->
Found objects (camera parts, sewing gauge, electronics, camera parts, transformer wire), urethane resin, HDPE, phenolic panel, brass, brass hardware, soldered screws.
Size: 8.75 x 5.25 x 2.5 (22.23 x 13.34 x 6.35cm) HxWxD
Shipping: Domestic included, international shipping extra.
CA residents pay Sales Tax based on zip code
The Giant Lapis Stag used its large mandibles to cut through thick reeds in the search of consumable ants. If the mandibles were used for protection, we'd expect to see more damage.
• There are a few small bubbles in this piece clearly seen in the photos below.
• Polished face and sides with frosted back and bottom.
• The brushed brass parts will patina, they are not coated.
• This may ship with the beetle separated from the base and require slight assembly.
• The cast insect is susceptible to fingerprints and may have slight surface imperfections. The cast piece can be cleaned with a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth.
• Comes with certificate of authenticity.
All images, concepts, artwork and content ©2020 Lex Talkington. All Rights Reserved.