Dodecachip Longhorn Beetle, 2020$610.00
Found objects (camera parts, watch parts, electronics, transformer wire), urethane resin, brass, phenolic panel, wood, aluminum, brass hardware, soldered screws.
Domestic shipping included, international shipping extra.
Size: 8.06 x 3.1 x 2.2 in (20.47 x 7.87 x 5.89 cm) HxWxD
CA residents pay Sales Tax based on zip code
Named for the 12 spots (chips) on its elytra, little is know about this longhorn beetle. This specimen contains a lot of processing power, perhaps to analyze and interpret signals detected by its large antenna.
• For some reason, this piece threw out quite a few bubbles. I do have a process to drill the bubbles out and then repair, but since most were at its rear end and directly over its back, I resisted trying to repair. I assume there was a chemical reaction with the surface of the rear-end and the the resin causing the 'fizzies.' I find it to be a beautiful creature nonetheless.
• Polished face and sides with frosted back and bottom.
• The brushed brass parts will patina, they are not coated, the aluminum block is lacquered.
• This may ship with the beetle separated from the base and require slight assembly.
• The cast insect is susceptible to fingerprints and may have slight surface imperfections. The cast piece can be cleaned with a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth.
• Comes with certificate of authenticity.
All images, concepts, artwork and content ©2020 Lex Talkington. All Rights Reserved.