Dodecachip Longhorn Beetle, 2020
Found objects (camera parts, watch parts, electronics, transformer wire), urethane resin, brass, phenolic panel, wood, aluminum, brass hardware, soldered screws.
Domestic shipping included, international shipping extra.
Size: 8.06 x 3.1 x 2.2 in (20.47 x 7.87 x 5.89 cm) HxWxD
CA residents pay Sales Tax based on zip code
Named for the 12 spots (chips) on its elytra, little is know about this longhorn beetle. This specimen contains a lot of processing power, perhaps to analyze and interpret signals detected by its large antenna.
• For some reason, this piece threw out quite a few bubbles. I do have a process to drill the bubbles out and then repair, but since most were at its rear end and directly over its back, I resisted trying to repair. I assume there was a chemical reaction with the surface of the rear-end and the the resin causing the 'fizzies.' I find it to be a beautiful creature nonetheless.
• Polished face and sides with frosted back and bottom.
• The brushed brass parts will patina, they are not coated, the aluminum block is lacquered.
• This may ship with the beetle separated from the base and require slight assembly.
• The cast insect is susceptible to fingerprints and may have slight surface imperfections. The cast piece can be cleaned with a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth.
• Comes with certificate of authenticity.
All images, concepts, artwork and content ©2020 Lex Talkington. All Rights Reserved.