Fringed Radar Bug, 2020SOLD
Found objects (camera parts, electronics, transformer wire), urethane resin, etched brass, brass hardware.
Size: 5.375 x 2.03 x 1.75 (13.65 x 5.16 x 4.45 cm) HxWxD
Shipping: Domestic included, international shipping extra.
CA residents pay Sales Tax based on zip code
The Fringed Radar Bug was active in low-light and pitch black environments. The fringed antenna were part of an advanced radar system allowing the creature to both avoid predators and scavenge. The three protrusions on the elytra (shell) may have been used to make sound.
• This piece has a few 'champagne' bubbles that leaked from the legs — they should be easily identifiable in the last few photos.
• Polished face and sides, frosted bottom and back.
• Hand-painted / etched cellular design on the brass support. I enjoy this idea of melding a machine-like medium with something completely opposite and organic.
• The brass support is lacquered.
• The cast insect is susceptible to fingerprints and may have slight surface imperfections. The cast piece can be cleaned with a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth.
• Comes with certificate of authenticity.
All images, concepts, artwork and content ©2020 Lex Talkington. All Rights Reserved.