Ohm's Garden, 2022 $3,000.00
w/ frame $2,700.00
w/o frame+ shipping
$145.00 max Domestic shipping, Intl. shipping extra
Outer round frame is optional
Framed HWD: 17.14 x 17.14 x 3.12 in (43.53 x 43.53 x 7.92 cm)
Panel without Frame HWD: 14.00 x 14.00 x 2.50 in (35.56 x 35.56 x 6.35 cm)
Cast HWD: 9.87 x 9.87 x 1.25 in (25.06 x 25.06 x 3.17 cm)
It is true, the south is full of bugs — it is almost unbelievable the variety of insects I can find in the evenings under the light. The large scarab beetle and the swallowtail butterfly are flanked by three small beetles (look close!) climbing on the plants.
I finally took the time to create a proper round mold before moving. It is quickly becoming my favorite format. The round mold was followed by this new frame design that is CNC-cut from several 1/2 inch thick layers of MDF along with three aluminum laser-cut rings that adorn the face. I apply one coat of sealer to all MDF parts, the center panel is sealed and painted white. The brackets and cable hanger are attached to this central panel. I realize frame choice can be as subjective as the artwork itself so I am making the frame optional — alone the frame system is $300.00. If you choose not to purchase the frame, you will receive the central white panel that has the three custom brackets and a cable hanger secured to the back.
• Found objects (camera parts, watch parts, electronics, transformer wire), urethane resin, MDF, paint, aluminum, steel and stainless hardware.
• Includes silver metal frame. Hanging cable is secured to the wood panel.
• Custom, stainless brackets designed by Lex.
• Domestic shipping not to exceed $145.00. International shipping extra.
• Georgia residents pay sales tax based on zip code.
• Certificate of Authenticity included.
• Embossed signature label is placed on the bottom or side of the cast.
• The cast is wrapped separately from the mounts and frame; mounting instructions are included inside the package.
• There may be slight surface imperfections on all casts including small surface bubbles or curved edges. I note other notable blemishes above.
• The cast creature is susceptible to fingerprints, clean with a small amount of window cleaner and a soft cloth.
• Do not clean the signature on the bottom.
• Keep out of direct sunlight or high-emitting UV lights.
• Avoid extreme temperatures and rapid temperature variations.
All images, concepts, artwork and content © Lex Talkington. All Rights Reserved.