Signup for this release is full!
After the signup list is full, I email everyone on the list noting your specific position. Then, starting at the top of the list, I email that individual allowing them to select a piece from the remaining available pieces. I mark pieces as SOLD on the preview pages as I make sales but I will wait to calculate shipping and invoice
until pieces are packed. As I go down the list I will place the current position being served at the top of the preview page. You can refresh the preview page
occasionally to see which pieces remain available.
This is a first-come, first-served sale. For this release, I am limiting selections to 1 piece per individual. If pieces remain after going down the list, I will decide at that point what to do with those pieces.
I try to give each person a reasonable amount of time to make a selection; if you are further down the list you may not hear from me for a few days as I work with those preceding you.
I intersperse packing, calculating shipping and invoicing as I go down the list so it may take a day or two to receive your invoice. This allows me to focus on questions and attending to everyone's selection in a timely manner. International orders take longer to process and ship — I'll work through the details with you. See more information below about payments, VAT, taxes, and shipping
Can I preview the artwork and prices?
Yes, the preview and prices are posted here: www.lextalkingtonart.com/aug22/preview
I want to order something custom or a commission!
Unfortunately, my commission and reservation list is currently closed until I can finish my move into my shop. If this changes, I will announce this on my social media and send an email (register here
If I am further down on the list, what if the piece I wanted already sold?
Unfortunately, I will not be offering to move people to a future list at this time.
Can you email me about future art releases?
Yes! I have a group email list that you can signup for here: www.lextalkingtonart.com/email-updates/
I also make these announcements on my Instagram (@lextalkington)
Payments, Shipping, & Tax
I generate PayPal invoices that are emailed to you directly from PayPal. You can follow the link in the email to pay by credit card or with your PayPal Account. You do NOT need a PayPal Account to pay by credit card. I also accept Venmo and will accept a U.S. check, please ask for instructions.
I will need to verify your shipping address before selling art to you.
All domestic packages ship through USPS priority with insurance. I will provide tracking numbers via email or it will be emailed from PayPal where I often purchase the shipping label.
For this release, I will be calculating and charging shipping for each piece. I have set a maximum shipping cost for each piece, so you will not pay above that amount. In most cases it will be less than the maximum.
See USPS shipping cost estimates
I calculated sending to a selection of zipcodes. The weight each package will affect these prices.
Pieces only ship when paid in full.
Georgia residents pay sales tax based on zip code.
I will need to verify your shipping address before selling art to you. I usually use DHL for shipping internationally — shipping fees are calculated based on size and weight of the individual piece / package and can cost from $450.00 to over $800.00 USD.
I generate PayPal invoices that are emailed to you directly from PayPal. If PayPal is unavailable in your country, I will discuss potential other options. If PayPal is accepted, follow the link in the email to pay by credit card or with your PayPal Account. I do not know if a PayPal Account is required in your country. Due to the complexities around shipping international, I retain the option to refuse the sale and/or refund any funds transferred. I apologize ahead of time if we arrive at this circumstance; shipping international can be a challenge.
Some international orders may be sold through my Etsy account if I determine that Etsy can better handle the transaction. In this case, I do have to charge an additional 5% fee to assist covering a portion of the Etsy fees.
International buyers are responsible for all VAT, duties and any other taxes based on the exact purchase price
of the artwork. Know that a number of countries can charge 25% in these taxes. I ship all sculptures using the HST code 9703.00.0000 which you may use to look-up fees in your country.
International orders TO FRANCE will ship with DHL only.
International orders TO CANADA will ship with USPS.
In most cases the artwork is removed from the frame or base before shipping and will require some assembly. Assembly instructions are included within a 6 x 9 inch envelope inside the package. Casts are wrapped in glassine paper for shipping, please always wrap in glassine before packing the cast. Please read all instructions before fully unpacking the artwork.
- Signup opens Monday, August 8th at 9:00pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
- See the timezone offset examples below.
- Use a personal computer versus a mobile device if you can.
- The signup form will be available on this page: https://www.lextalkingtonart.com/aug22/signup/ and will remain open until all available spots are full.
- You will have to refresh your browser at the time the signup form is to be activated to load it onto that page.
- This signup form contains an area to enter (or paste) your email address and a submit button.
- You will need to refresh that signup page at 9:00pm EDT to force the signup form to appear on the page. The form will not automatically appear on the page when I activate it, you have to refresh that page and continue to do so until you see the form.
- I recommend loading the signup page some time before 9:00pm EDT and have your email address copied into your clipboard and ready to paste. I personally (manually) activate the signup form so it may take a few seconds directly afer 9:00pm EDT before anyone sees it upon refreshing.
- If your email was successfully submitted, you should see a message on your screen notifying you. You will NOT receive an email immediately confirming you are on the list — I will send those out when the signups are full and I have validated that everything went smoothly.
- Some signups have filled up within seconds, other have taken hours before the spots were full — know that when it is full, I will add a message to this page noting this.
- Only after the list is full will I email everyone that made the list with further instructions and their positions. I may send a followup email from my gmail account because my info@ email tends to end up in spam folders.
- If there are many signups at the same time and the list fills up quickly, I can't predict exactly what you may see when attempting to submit your email address. The email addresses automatically go into a database when accepted. When the predetermined submission limit is met, I receive no other email addresses through the form. In rare instances, an additional email may make it into the database, I will manually trim that email from the list (sorry) and notify that person. In other words, if your email address did not get into the limited amount of database spots, it is not on the list despite whatever form functionality you experienced.
- If there are any website or associated technology issues or anomalies with the signup process, I retain the right to delete all email addresses from the sign and then reschedule the signup when the issues have been rectified.
- The images below describe the signup process. The colors on the screens below may not be accurate.
Timezone Offset Examples (Art release are schedule in EDT Eastern Daylight Time)
- Click the image above to find your timezone offset from EDT.
Example Domestic Shipping Estimates with USPS Priority Insured